Friday, June 6, 2008

Starbucks card

When I'm close to home I stick to Mayorga, but when I'm further afield Starbucks often serves as my substitute office, library, and meeting room. Now they've rolled out a slew of benefits for customers who register their giftcards on the company's site. In my office, those puppies seem to sprout up at every corner, though not as much now that our Lexis rep changed (Jennifer? I miss you!). If you go to the site and set up a profile, you'll get perks like free refills on drip and iced coffee, free syrups and other customizations like soy milk, and two hours of free WiFi from AT&T each day. It looks like the drink benefits require payment with your card, and to get the WiFi you have to use the card at least once a month. If you're a die-hard customer or are trying to keep track of how much money you spend there, you can also sign up for automatic balance reloads.